Thursday 23 April 2009

Standard stories and complaints about my research skills


A story I wrote about the Gainsborough District Scouts St Georges Day parade appeared online today.

Also, a one about fundraising runners presenting a cheque to a Reading MS society.

Over at Sam Ellis' blog, the chairman of Retford Model Flying Club attacked my research skills for a critical comment I made about the club's objection to Cottam Wind Farm proposals.

I particularly like the polite address to Sam: "It's so easy to say 'they could easily find another flying site' before you make comments like that you should do your research."

As opposed to the, erm, less polite address to myself: "Suggest you get your facts right, then again I suppose journalists are notorious for getting it WRONG!"

It's taught me that, as a journalist, even when voicing my own opinion and not attempting to report facts, I must still expect to be thought wrong. Useful to know!

2 comments:

  1. Natalie that was a tongue in cheek comment about journo's even an endorsement you must be good at the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our company provides reliable and trustworthy online services to all clients who wish to purchase online tablets.



    Sildamax TabletsUK
    105 Diazepam Online UK
    10 Tramadol Tablets UK
    Buy online Kamagra medicine

    ReplyDelete